Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: Group film on Super 8??

  1. #1
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    OK, one to many cups of coffee [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] kept me up very late last night and an idea hit me [img]graemlins/idea.gif[/img] How about making a full length feature film on Super 8 where each regular on this group (if they want to) gets to make a small segment of. The film can be about anything but all segments should have some tie in or something.

    Now, I also am the proud new owner of 100 rolls of Sound film [img]eek.gif[/img] , so I can "provide" some sound film for those who don't have other means for lip synch sound (when needed).

    I don't know if this is a silly idea or not cause I was pretty fied last night and I even think I had a chat with Elvis??

  2. #2
    Inactive Member rollemfilm's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 1st, 2000
    Posts
    437
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wow, is that film any good?

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member BolexPlusx's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2002
    Posts
    369
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Interesting idea, it could be my first chance to have a conflict over "Creative Control" as a filmmaker.

    Maybe if Roger Evans got involved, everybody could wind up with a copy on video.

    My only sound camera is this cheap GAF thingy that somebody gave me just to get rid of. I'd have to stay in the "silent service" to produce nice looking footage.

    I still like the idea, let's talk about it some more.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I would recommend some form of anthology feature, like "Twilight Zone", "Creepshow" or on the comedy front, "Kentucky Fried Movie." Another example is "Four Rooms", which was movie made with 4 directors with one location, a hotel as the tie in.

    Here's an idea, how about the link between the movies be a mysterious email, saying some ominous, like "The end is near." or "Change is coming." Everybody here has a computer and can recreate the email easily.

    Scott

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Sounds like a fun idea...the sound film you have has to be at least a few years old...but my kodachrome was 10 years old, and it turned out ok!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member jefury's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 31st, 2001
    Posts
    114
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cool!
    That's a really neat idea. A film like that could be quite effective.

    Tell us more [img]smile.gif[/img]

    Go coffee!!!

    Jeffery

  7. #7
    Inactive Member cameraguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 28th, 2001
    Posts
    831
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Talking

    wow, is that film any good?

    I already shot one of the K40 and E160's and will send them out to see. They are 1993 dated

    Interesting idea, it could be my first chance to have a conflict over "Creative Control" as a filmmaker.

    Hehe, could be the downfall of this newsgroup
    [img]wink.gif[/img] I see your on Long Island? pretty close to me in Connecticut.

    Tell us more

    I'll be juicing up on the Coffee tonight and will see what ideas I can come up with [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img]

    I would recommend some form of anthology feature, like "Twilight Zone", "Creepshow" or on the comedy front, "Kentucky Fried Movie." Another example is "Four Rooms", which was movie made with 4 directors with one location, a hotel as the tie in.

    Hey, lets remake "Kentucky Fried Movie". I get to re-film the Catholic High School Girls in Trouble segment [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    HB Forum Moderator Alex's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 29th, 2000
    Posts
    11,383
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like the idea of an "inanimate" object/prop that carries over from filmmaker to filmmaker.

    Perhaps the first few filmmakers create a story around a soccer ball...as each filmmaker finishes their story, the soccer ball is shipped to the next filmmaker, and they continue the story.

    Perhaps the soccer ball has good days [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img] , and bad days [img]graemlins/devil.gif[/img] . At the end of the first story the soccer ball has caused a horrific accident, and is sent on it's way by an angry victim.

    Then on the second leg of it's journey, the soccer ball ends up causing a good result, like kids are playing with the ball, the ball crashes through a window of a house, and the kids discover someone is being held hostage in the house.

    Perhaps the soccer ball metamorphasizes into another round object after a quarter of the way into the movie, and the story continues...

    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    How about this, there is a crusty junk dealer who has a collection of odds and ends for sale...in the opening episode, we see the junk dealer selling numerous articles of "junk" during the local "flea market".

    Then we follow the story of all the individual items that were sold, how they subtley interact with the lives of their buyers, and how eventually, they end up back with the junk man to be sold again. (maybe one of the items is a super-8 camera!)

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Scott Spears's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 29th, 2001
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex,

    Your idea about the junk dealer is a subtle variation on the "Friday the 13th" the series. In that it was an antique shop and the items were possessed. Your idea could be fun.

    Scott

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Mike Buckles's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2002
    Posts
    614
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Tv show had the storyline about the possessed antiques...and it was great! One of the better syndicated shows I've seen, and still very watchable...one of my favorite episodes is about a possessed "magic lantern"...those early devices that projected pictures on a wall or screen...with this one, you could step into the picture and go back in time...great show, not sure why they named it after the movie, because it had nothing to do with Jason, and the tv show was quite superior in every way to the "friday the 13th" movie series. I did enjoy the first friday the 13th theatrical movie though...it's the only one worth watching. mike

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •